As a cleaning business entrepreneur, a tricky part of getting ready for your grand opening day could be shopping for your equipment. With Amazon as your supplier, you can have a reliable company to provide you with the equipment and supplies that you need to operate your cleaning business. Consider Amazon when you hunt for the best supplier!
Here are the 14 Amazon commercial cleaning equipment and supplies that every cleaning startup should have:
- Rubbermaid Commercial Executive Janitorial Housekeeping Quick Cart
- Cottonelle Professional Bulk Toilet Paper for Business
- Bio Clean Eco Friendly Hard Water Stain Remover
- Commercial Grade 16 oz Spray Bottles
- Casabella Dustpan and Brush Set
- Kendal Commercial Dust Mop
- Hoover CH30000 PortaPower Lightweight Commercial Vacuum
- EcoClean Solutions Disinfecting Mildew Virus & Mold Killer
- Zep Commercial Streak-Free Glass Cleaner
- Unger Professional Microfiber 2-in-1 Squeegee and Window Scrubber
- Zep Commercial Acidic Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Kalolary Pumice Cleaning Stone for the Toilet
- Rubbermaid Commercial Toilet Bowl Brush
- Libman Commercial Angle Broom
Purchasing equipment ranked as best sellers or from a list of featured items guarantees that you are getting high-quality tools to make your cleaning gigs a success. While ratings and customer reviews matter, sometimes there are hidden gems in the Amazon world of gadgets. In this article, you will find bestsellers, featured items, and even that hidden gem. Read on to find out Cleaning Boss’s top 14 equipment and supplies every cleaning business startup must have in their arsenal! We have the key gadgets your business will need; all you have to do now is prep your cleaning caddy. Don’t forget your favorite spray bottle!
1. Rubbermaid Commercial Executive Janitorial Housekeeping Quick Cart
The Rubbermaid Executive Janitorial Housekeeping Quick Cart is a featured item on Amazon. For the large size, you will pay $364.06 per set and get free shipping, too!
47 consumers have rated this product; on average, it has a 4-star rating.
- High-quality, name-brand cart
- Holds up to 60 lbs of supplies and equipment
- Compact and convenient with an area for all supplies and equipment needed for janitors, housekeepers, and maids
- 3 slots in the front of the cart to store spray bottles or microfiber cleaning cloths
- Carry caddy is removable
- The handle is adjustable for people of all heights that need to take the cart from one cleaning site to another
- Liner is easy to clean
- A kick plate on the cart lessens the wear and tear from moving the cart place to place
Help your employees to stay organized with their very own cleaning cart. Depending on how big the cleaning job, cleaners will need a considerable amount of supplies and equipment to satisfy the gig’s requirements. Having a professional and convenient cleaning cart will keep employees accountable for all of their supplies as they complete the assigned job.
PRO TIP: Train employees to take inventory of their janitorial or maid service cart before going out to cleaning jobs. Have them ensure it is well stocked with the supplies and tools that are needed to get the job done.
2. Cottonelle Professional Bulk Toilet Paper for Business
This bulk package of Cottonelle toilet paper rolls costs $117.82 on Amazon. You can now save 61% on this product and pay $45.99. If you sign up for the Subscribe and Save service, you can get a 40% off coupon to apply to this product at checkout.
206 ratings from consumers average to a 3.5 star rating.
- 60 rolls per bulk package
- 451 sheets per toilet paper roll
- Fits almost all standard toilet paper dispensers
- Soft and durable during a bathroom break
PRO TIP: You don’t have to buy toilet paper rolls just to stock your local office’s bathrooms. They can also be used for cleaning gigs. You never know if clients are low on toilet paper and need a roll or two to get by before they go on their next grocery trip. Consider charging a small, additional fee if clients need toilet paper after their bathrooms are clean.
Buying in bulk saves money. Stock up on toilet paper for your cleaning business and get a popular brand, too! Cottonelle is usually very expensive if you are purchasing a standard package for home-usage. Taking advantage of Subscribe and Save, purchasing this bulk toilet paper roll box while it is on sale and stacking it with the 40% off coupon will help to save your business so much money when you need to restock toilet paper.
3. Bio Clean: Eco Friendly Hard Water Stain Remover
The Bio Clean Hard Water Stain Remover is the #1 Best Seller in Commercial Glass Cleaners on Amazon. It costs $19.90 and it ships free as long as you have $25 worth or more of products on your Amazon order.
994 consumers have rated the product an average of 4.3 stars.
- Removes hard water stains from various surfaces
- Works on windshields, granite, shower doors, tiles, and etcetera.
- Can be used by professional cleaners and auto detailers
- Removes limescale and rust that results from hard water buildup over time
- Environmentally friendly cleaner
Restores surface back to before it got the stains
- Lab-tested and approved by the industry for its performance and safety standards
As the #1 Best Seller in its category, it is a trusted product proven to do what it says on its bottle. If you have clients with hard water stains on their surfaces, look no further than the Bio Clean Hard Water Stain Remover! It removes the hard water, calcium, and limescale like no other cleaners can. It’s highly rated and used across various commercial entities such as hospitals, nursing homes, manufacturing plants, hotels, and more!
Don’t go for the off-brand variety to save money. Definitely stock up on this product for your cleaning business so you are ready to tackle even the toughest of stains in your clients’ homes!
4. Commercial Grade 16 oz Spray Bottles
This package of Commercial Grade 16 oz Spray Bottles costs $12.99 and it is a featured item on Amazon. It is on sale for 13% off its original price of $14.99. You can get free shipping for this product if you are ordering $25 worth of products or more.
83 people have rated the product and it has an average 4.1 star rating.
- A 3 pack of spray bottles
- One color per bottle: red, blue, and green
- The different colors good for labeling and color-coding different cleaners needed as a maid or janitor
- Leakguards on the bottles
- HDPE neck and bottle feature
- Measurement options in ounces and milliliters
- Can adjust the spray bottle to a stream or fine mist to tackle different messes
Purchasing bulk cleaners means they will not come in spray bottles. Usually, they come in plastic bottles without a sprayer on top. This means you need spray bottles in order to control the amount of product used when cleaning various surfaces throughout a location.
PRO TIP: Create your own green cleaning solution and put it into the spray bottles for employees to use to clean. As your cleaning business gets more popular, you could even bottle and market your green cleaner at your local office as additional revenue for your business. See how that works and eventually, you could transition to selling your cleaner at local small businesses or even mass retailers such as Walmart, Target, Costco, and BJ’s.
5. Casabella Dustpan and Brush Set
Casabella Dustpan and Brush Set is the #1 Best Seller in the Commercial Dustpan category on Amazon. What a great find! This product is currently 32% off its original cost. Originally $8.99, you can buy this now for every one of your employees at your cleaning company for only $6.15 per set!
Almost 850 people have rated the product, and it has earned a 4.5-star rating! No wonder it’s the best seller in its category.
- Graphite-colored dustpan
- Orange brush
- Brush handle attaches into the dustpan handle for easy and convenient storage.
- Great for cleaning small areas of dirt or dust on the floor
- Compact and easy to store in a maid cleaning caddy or in a janitorial cart
- Less bulky than a full-sized broom and dustpan to make the final sweeping task easier
Who wants a tall broom hitting his or her arm as they collect the dust and crumbs into a dustpan? It’s very annoying! The Casabella Dustpan and Brush Set will take that annoyance away. After you sweep with a regular broom, you can use this product to complete the final part of any sweeping task.
Sometimes there are small messes that do not require a traditional broom to clean up the floor. Having this product on hand can make sweeping simpler and more convenient. This is also perfect for clients’ homes that get cleaned every few days and not as much dust has built up since the last cleaning.
6. Kendal Commercial Maxi Dust Mop
The #1 Best Seller for Commercial Dust Mops only costs $36.99.
53 buyers have rated the product an average of 4.3 stars.
- Removes dust and crumbs throughout a large area
- Use in hallways, lobbies, etc
- Pole is 55 inches so you can stand while sweeping
- The sliding collar locks pole and dust mop together so they do not come apart
- Swivel action while sweeping
If you are a janitorial service tasked with cleaning large areas of floor spaces constantly, you need a dust mop to get the job done. No Swiffer sweeper or traditional broom and dustpan can go toe to toe with the Kendal Dust Mop! Be sure to purchase this so you are getting the best in class dust mops for your cleaning business!
7. Hoover CH30000 PortaPower Lightweight Commercial Canister Vacuum
This Hoover Commercial Canister Vacuum originally costs $149.51 on Amazon. You can save 35% and purchase it at $97.85 and get free shipping today!
963 people have reviewed this product, and it has an average rating of 4.1 stars.
- Lighter than a regular vacuum
- Can cover more cleaning area
- Stretch hose helps to clean ceilings and other hard-to-reach places
- Blower is built into the vacuum to suck up debris
- The power cord is 33 inches long to maneuver around your cleaning area more efficiently without changing power ports
- Can use commercial cloth bag or a paper dust bag depending on the type of cleaning job
- 3 additional hose attachments included to diversify cleaning regimen during jobs
Don’t get stuck using a bulky house vacuum cleaner to get your job done. This Hoover Commercial Canister vacuum is easy to use, portable, and professional for all your professional cleaning needs!
8. EcoClean Solutions Professional Disinfecting Mildew Virus & Mold Killer
The EcoClean Solutions Professional Disinfecting Mildew Virus and Mold Killer costs $32.99 and ships for free.
154 customers have rated the product, and it has an average rating of 4.3 stars.
- 1 gallon bottle
- Lemon-scented cleaner
- Super concentrated formula for instant clean
- Works on bathrooms, floors, porcelain, metal, etc
- Effective against mold, influenza, HIV, Hepatitis B, and etcetera
- Used across various commercial locations such as schools, hospitals, nursing homes, and more
Get the best professional mold and mildew virus eliminator! Mold and mildew can grow in the walls of homes and public areas and can negatively affect the health of people in the area. Eliminate this health hazard by getting this cleaning product for your cleaning business so you are ready for any gig that involves mold and mildew clean up.
9. Zep Commercial Streak-Free Glass Cleaner
The Zep Commercial Streak-Free Glass Cleaner costs $14.99 per bottle. Plus, you can get free shipping by including this item in a $25 or more Amazon order.
20 consumers have rated the product and the average rating is 4.6 stars.
- Pleasant scent
- 1 gallon bottle
- Product description in English and Spanish
- Streak-free means a professional clean
Many of your standard glass cleaners leave streaks on mirrors and windows after they are cleaned. Trust Zep Commercial’s special streak-free formula to never leave streaks behind so mirrors and windows and any other glass products cleaned on a cleaning gig can sparkle that much more!
PRO TIP: Cleaning windows and mirrors with balled up newspaper reassures there are no streaks when cleaning. Even if you are using a streak-free formula, train your employees to use this cleaning hack to make sure they excel when cleaning windows and mirrors.
10. Unger Professional Microfiber 2-in-1 Squeegee and Window Scrubber
This 2-in-1 squeegee and window scrubber from Unger costs $19.97 for the 18-inch variety. There are also 6-inch, 10-inch, and 14-inch varieties that cost $9.98, $12.99, and $16.97 respectively. For the sake of getting the most value out of the product, we will discuss the features of the 18-inch variety.
30 people have rated this product and the average rating is 4.4 stars.
- Can attach to a telescopic pole for easy and seamless cleaning in high places (pole is not included with the product; it is sold separately)
- The guarantee lasts a lifetime
- 2-in-1 squeegee and window scrubber makes it more convenient so workers do not have to change attachments on the pole to get the job done
- Does not scratch the glass that you need to clean
- Cloths hold up to 6 times more water so you can achieve a thorough clean
- Maximum reach of 20 feet
Having a 2-in-1 cleaning tool especially for window cleaning is imperative for any cleaning business that offers window washing services. You can save money on parts by only needing the one attachment per person tasked with window washing. Owning this product can also increase productivity and efficiency because your workers will spend less time switching attachments on the telescopic pole because they are using a 2-in-1 cleaning tool!
11. Zep Commercial Acidic Toilet Bowl Cleaner
The Zep Commercial Acidic Toilet Bowl Cleaner comes in various sizes and quantities. You can choose from 32 oz bottles or 128 oz bottles and select from 1 count, 2 count, 3 count, 4 count, or 12 count packages based on your cleaning business’s stock up needs. For example, one 32 oz bottle costs $4.49 and one 128 oz bottle costs $25.09.
The 32 oz bottle for $4.49 is temporarily out of stock so keep checking back on the product page to monitor for when it goes back in stock if you are interested in that size.
383 people rated the product for an average 4.5-star rating.
- The scent is minty pine
- Acidic formula means less scrubbing
- Squirt top bottle
- Lime-scale, soil build-up, and other caked on stains can be removed with this cleaner
- Use in maid service and janitorial positions to keep toilets fresh and clean and free of diseases for clients
Tired of trying to get rid of that annoying toilet ring? Zep Commercial Acidic Toilet Bowl Cleaner will step up to the plate and score a home run in getting rid of that toilet ring amongst other annoying stains. Help the toilets you clean have that extra shine.
PRO TIP: If a product you usually purchase for your cleaning business is out of stock on Amazon from one supplier, check other suppliers on Amazon for availability. You can also try a different size of the same product just for temporary stock. Look for a temporary brand replacement if your chosen product is completely out of stock after exhausting the other options.
12. Kalolary Pumice Cleaning Stone with Handle
This Kalolary Pumice Cleaning Stone is a versatile cleaning tool that can clean almost any hard or caked-on mess on any surface. It costs $9.96 for a 2 pack, and you can get free shipping on this item by spending $25 or more on Amazon items. You can also save an extra 5% in the pumice cleaning stones by clicking the box to apply the digital coupon to your order.
39 people have rated this product and averages to 4.6 stars.
- Clean more than toilets
- Can clean tiles, sinks, bathtubs, and more!
- Does not scratch surfaces such as porcelain
- Lime, hard water, and rust stains easily removed
- Comes with a complimentary plastic drain snake to empty grime, hair, and gunk out of sink drains in kitchens and bathrooms
Here’s another versatile cleaning tool that can clean up many tough messes. Do not go on your next cleaning gig without this product! The pumice cleaning stones offer great scrubbing power without ruining the surfaces you are cleaning.
13. Rubbermaid Commercial Toilet Bowl Brush
The Rubbermaid Commercial Toilet Brush costs $6.31 each. You can get free shipping for the item by including it in orders of $25 or more. Get a toilet brush that will stand against the toughest commercial toilet stains!
193 reviewers rated the product for an average 4.4 stars.
- Polypropylene fill
- Brown brush
- Hole at end of the handle for hanging for easy storage options
- Hardwood handle increases durable features
- Bristles resistant to odor and other bacteria build-up
- Use in commercial cleaning as well as medical and industrial environments
Purchase a name-brand toilet brush that your cleaning business can trust and rely on for creating the best results when toilet cleaning for a client. As much scrubbing as will be done with these toilet brushes, only stock up on the best of the best in the industry so that they last even longer!
14. Libman Commercial Angle Broom
Sweep up dust and dirt thoroughly with the Libman Commercial Angle Broom that only costs $17.50 each. Earn free shipping when your order is $25 or more.
25 reviewers rated the product for an average rating of 4.5 stars.
- 13 inches of wide angle to reach wide area as you sweep
- Broom fibers last longer
- Steel handle on top of broom is 1 inch
- Hole atop the steel handle for easy hanging storage options
Sweep up professionally with this Libman Commercial Broom. You’ll have more messes to clean up so have a wide angle broom is crucial to be sure you are cleaning everything on floors thoroughly. This broom does not come with a commercial dust pan so go ahead back to #5 to check out what you can buy for your cleaning business to go with this broom!
Whatever cleaning gadgets you choose to use for your cleaning business, always remember these key traits to look for when you are comparison shopping.
- The convenience it gives the cleaning experience
- Ability to store easily
- Lightweight equipment to travel between cleaning gigs
- Safety elements for clients, babies, and pets
- Versatility to clean multiple surfaces throughout the cleaning site
We hope you have enjoyed this top 14 list of equipment and supplies every cleaning startup should own! Keep in mind that the cleaning gadgets you try out may not work for your cleaning business. Whatever works well, keep the equipment and use them until they cannot function anymore! Be sure to operate the equipment safely and with care so it can last as long as possible so equipment replacement costs are not high for your startup.
Enjoy the startup experience and remember that everything is done via trial and error in business. Learn from what techniques do not work and apply your learning to find out what does work for your cleaning business.
What are the best cleaning tools on the market?
According to a Google search, the best cleaning tools on the market are from brands including:
- Chemical Guys (cleaning products)
- Dyson United States (vacuums)
- Williams-Sonoma (cooking essentials)
What are some house cleaning tools and equipment for maid services?
- Broom and dustpan
- Scrub brush
- Steam mop
- Double duty hand or stick vacuum
- Extension dusting kit
- Spray bottles for homemade cleaners
Please note: This blog post is for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Please consult a legal expert to address your specific needs.
Ready to take the next step in opening your cleaning business? Join our email list for tips and tricks here.